- Visa information for travellers to Turkey on "I was in Turkey" was gathered from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey. You should check with the Turkish Embassy or consulate in your country for the last minute changes.
- Even though some country citizens may get their visa at the Turkish border gates, it is always a good idea to get visa before you proceed to Turkey to avoid any inconvenience.
- It is highly recommended that foreigners, who wish to visit Turkey, should read the related information about our country’s visa regime.
- Visa regime for Touristic and Business Purposed visit of a country may differ from Work and Education Purposed visit. Also Turkey’s visa regime may change according to reciprocity principle.
- While some applicants may be exempt from visa for their touristic or business visit to Turkey, the others can obtain an e-Visa. All other applicants will need to obtain a visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
- An information note about visa regime of Turkey is available in the following address: www.mfa.gov.tr
Tourist Visa Information
If an invitation letter is submitted for a Touristic Visa application, it must include the inviting person's TR Identity Number, clear identity, the list of invitees, permanent address, contact number, length and purpose of stay and the affinity with the applicant must be stated in the letter. If the inviting side is an organization or a company, tax registration certificate of the organization will be required. In the invitation letter it is also required for the inviting person/authority to pledge for covering victuals and accommodation expenses and for taking their own responsibility. The applicant is required to have sufficient and/or regular remunerations.
You can find the visa requirements and Turkish Consulate addresses of your country by clicking the country names below.